SAS means different things to different people. To some, it stands for Special Air Service (with regards to the British Military Unit), to others, it could also mean Scandinavian Airlines; while to some it simply means Statistical Analysis System.
SAS according to Wikipedia, “is a software suite developed by SAS Institute for Advanced Analytics, Multivariate Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Management, and Predictive Analytics.
SAS may not be the only software suite that offers the aforementioned solutions, but experts have recognized its advantages over other products and hence, have embraced it wholly.
The SAS Certification Training program offers interested persons a plethora of credentials in Foundation Tools, Advanced Analytics, Business Intelligence and Analytics, Data Management and Administration.
Choose from a Wide Range of SAS Certifications
- SAS Certified Base Programmer for SAS 9: Equips the holder with the knowledge and skills to perform analysis, query databases, and combine SAS data sets to mention a few.
- SAS Certified Advanced Programmer for SAS 9: Equips the holder with skills in interpreting SAS-SQL code, in writing advanced DATA step programming statements and in dealing with SAS Macros. The SAS Certified Base Programmer for SAS 9 is a must have prerequisite for this.
- SAS Certified Clinical Trials Programmer Using SAS 9: Equips a holder with skills for turning raw clinical trials data into polished valid reports. The SAS Certified Base Programmer for SAS 9 is a prerequisite skill. It costs $180 and the SAS Certified Base Programmer for SAS 9 is a must have prerequisite for this.
- SAS Certified Predictive Modeler Using SAS Enterprise Miner 13: Equips a holder with skills in using predictive modeling to prepare data, build, assess and implement predictive models.
- SAS Certified Statistical Business Analyst Using SAS 9 Regression and Modeling: This SAS Certification equips the holder with skills for performing statistical analysis and predictive modeling, measuring model performances as well as variance analysis.
- SAS Certified BI Content Developer for SAS 9: This SAS Business Intelligence Certification equips a holder with the knowledge of creating and implementing SAS applications.
- SAS Certified Visual Business Analyst: Equips a holder with the super skills in using SAS Visual Analytics.
- SAS Certified Big Data Professional Using SAS 9: Equips a holder with professional knowledge and skills in carrying out statistical analysis on large data using SAS and other data management software.
- SAS Certified Data Integration Developer for SAS 9: Equips a holder with skills in preparing data for analysis and reporting, defining the architecture for SAS Business Analytics and a host of other skills.
- SAS Certified Data Quality Steward for SAS 9: This SAS Certification aims at validating the skills of acclaimed professionals in using the DataFlux Data Management Studio.
- SAS Certified Platform Administrator for SAS 9: This certification equips an individual with skills needed to maintain the SAS Business Analytics platform and oversee general administrative tasks.
Advantages of SAS Certification
SAS Certifications sure has its advantages which far outweigh any disadvantages it may have, if any.
According to this piece on SAS website, the advantages include
- Getting an SAS certification validates your SAS skills and expertise and increases one’s income considerably even as it increases your credibility in the eyes of employers when you’re looking for a job.
- SAS certifications position an individual who’s ready to work at a point where they’ll become the go-to-guy for SAS related issues in their region.
- SAS Certification gives individuals an opportunity to tutor others in SAS.
Job openings for individuals with SAS certifications are increasing on a daily basis. Become Certified in SAS learn SAS Online Training at GangBoard and you’ll be have a great career!