It is of high importance that you understand the definition of the terms. When we talk about cloud computing, does it refer to computing in the clouds? It simply means the storage and accessing of data and programs over the internet-replacing your computer’s hard drive. Virtually all computer users are involved. The focus in this article is let you know 11 terms that are vital as a participant in the cloud computing industry; this forms part of what you will learn in Cloud Computing Training. Here we go:
- XaaS: This is referred to as: Anything-as-a service. It is a group of functions that are assessed through cloud computing.
- Cloud App: There are some applications that are not installed directly on your computer; example of such is Microsoft 365. All that fall in this category are referred to as cloud App.
- Cloud Backup: In this case, your data and files are saved to the cloud server instead of your hard drive or local server. The importance of this is a guarantee of your data in case any problem occurs to your computer.
- The Cloud Database: The cloud data base provides a measure of protection and easier access across the enterprise. It is maintained in a cloud data center instead of your computer or the local server.
- Cloud Storage: In cloud storage, it is referred to the storing of your data and files to a cloud server instead of the local server or hard drive.
- Cloud Provider: There should be a vendor that will provide all the services that you will require to make cloud computing a reality. The summation of these services is provided by the cloud provider.
- Cloud Testing: Just as in all technical components, all the cloud applications and the entirety of the services should be tested before loads are uploaded unto them to determine their functionality or otherwise. This is called cloud testing.
- IBM Cloud: This is an enterprise-service that is used in assisting organizations to determine if they are ready to migrate to cloud solutions. Strategies for moving to a cloud environment are also taken care of here.
- Public Cloud: They are available measures for protecting information; they are less secure when compared to Private Cloud. They keep data outside of the enterprise data center.
- Software Plus Service: This involves software loaded onto the computer or a local system. It is supplemented by online services. An example is Microsoft’s Office Suite-physical software which allows users to access online content service such as help option, templates and downloads.
- Multi-Tenant: On a public cloud, if there is an instance whereby two or more server users share space, they we have Multi-Tenant on display. It is cost effective in that it reduces overhead costs. It reduces cost on storage and other vital services.
The above are some of the terms that you should know. You can get more through Cloud Computing Online Training.